There’s a new hotel accreditation at the top of everyone’s minds right now! Travellers are now focused on finding out where the best SHA Plus hotel in Bangkok is. It’s time to learn more about what this acronym means and why Mövenpick BDMS Wellness Resort Bangkok is the perfect option for your next trip to Bangkok.
WHAT DOES SHA PLUS HOTEL IN BANGKOK MEAN?
SHA stands for Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration certificate. It issued by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health and certifies businesses that comply with elevated ‘new normal’ standards. This means strict hygiene and safety standards that can help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and give increased peace of mind to all guests. Additionally, every SHA Plus hotel in Bangkok also has the Safe Travels Protocols rating from the World Travel & Tourism Council.
Businesses with SHA Plus certification also fulfil the following criteria:
- At least 70% of hotel staff are double-vaccinated. Any unvaccinated staff will not have close contact with any guests.
Currently, all travellers coming to Bangkok are required to book either a SHA Plus or AQ property, depending on their vaccination status.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN TRAVELING TO BANGKOK
The situation has become easier for those planning a return to Bangkok. Everyone can see which of the following three categories fit their situation, and then book a package at a SHA Plus hotel in Bangkok. All packages are inclusive of airport transfer to the hotel and applicable Covid-19 tests.
TEST & GO (1 DAY)
- Fully vaccinated travellers from approved, ‘low risk’ countries.
- The latest list of approved countries can be found >> here <<
- The current approved vaccines are: CoronaVac (Sinovac), AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, COVILO (Sinopharm), Janssen (Johnson & Johnson), Sputnik V.
BLUE ZONE | SANDBOX (7 DAYS)
- Fully vaccinated travellers from countries outside of the approved list.
- Travellers must wait for the negative results of their Covid-19 PCR swab test in their hotel room. After that, they can leave their SHA Plus hotel in Bangkok to travel within blue zone areas. They are required to spend 7 nights total at the hotel before moving to their next destination.
ALTERNATIVE QUARANTINE AQ (10 DAYS)
- Unvaccinated travellers or those with incomplete vaccinations.
- An AQ stay is a full-board stay, inclusive of 3 meals a day and two Covid-19 tests per person.
- AQ guests must stay within their SHA Plus hotel in Bangkok for the duration of their stay, however they can enjoy morning garden walks once their first test result comes back as negative.
YOUR IDEAL SHA PLUS HOTEL IN BANGKOK
Mövenpick BDMS Wellness Resort Bangkok is perfectly suited for the needs of guests ranging from solo travellers to families. Whether only staying for 1 night or for the full 10 day quarantine duration, everyone can enjoy the following perks:
- Spacious rooms and suites that all include a private balcony.
- The comfort and convenience of coming straight to the hotel from the airport, doing the Covid-19 PCR swab test on-site and heading to your hotel room to relax.
- 24-hour medical support from the hotel’s official medical partner Bangkok Hospital, which conducts the Covid-19 PCR swab tests.
- Delectable cuisine made fresh in-house by expert chefs. Different food packages are available for guests. All guests can enjoy 20% off in-room dining, too!
- A lush tropical garden and pool area. Test & Go and Blue zone | Sandbox guests can access the garden and use the swimming pool from 10 am after having received the negative results of their test.
Make the right choice of SHA Plus Hotel in Bangkok for your needs today!